Saturday, April 02, 2005

 

Things overheard in Dublin

Okay I was going to do a post on the passing of the Pope but felt that people are probably getting way too much of it already on TV so I decided to do something lighthearted instead. All of the stuff below I read on a cool dublin website of funny things over heard in dublin.

For those of you outside Ireland, there is some Irish slang in it, so see my previous post about Irish slang first by clicking here

Update: I just realised that I have a download limit in my geocities account for pictures that I am using in previous posts. If some of the pictures don't download, its due to the fact that they are stored in my geocities account which is capped out due to high traffic so try back later. (High traffic for me is anything over 25 visitors which is kinda sad I admit) If any one knows of a place where I can strore non personal pictures that doesnt have a download cap per hour, can ye leave a comment and help me out? Sound! (Irish way of saying thanks)

Bad Planning?

Bunratty Castle
Posted by: noelburke

Two American women talking about the banquet they had experienced the night before in Bunratty castle. Stating what a great night they had etc. However one of the woman turn to the other and stated: "why did they build the castle so near the main road?"

DOH!
Naoibh: "Hello, I just found this phone on the bus, and your number is in the memory under Mam, it must be your son or daughters."

Woman on phone: "Oh that's great, it must be Steven's thanks so much, I'll get him to ring you."

Naoibh: "Ok, thanks."

(.........1 minute later the phone rings)

Naoibh: "Hello?"

Woman on phone: "Steven, they're after finding your phone!!"

Drivers in dublin are Blind??
A friend was standing at the end of the Ha'penny Bridge, waiting to cross the street at the pedestrian crossing. An American tourist also waiting to cross turned to him and asked "Why do your traffic lights make nosie?" referring to the bleeping sound eminating from the traffic lights.
"It's for blind people" my friend replied, to which the American responded "You let your blind people drive over here?!". My friend could only reply with "Yeah"

Education in Ballymun?
Child and Mother on a busChild:(singing) A,B,C,D,E,F,G

Mother to child: Chelsea thats deadly

Child: i kno ma

Mother to child: Jaysus, did your teacher learn ya dat?

Child: yeah, me teacher learnded me it

Dublin Bus Service
Bloke gets on bus and says to busdriver, "€1.10 please", trows money in,
bus driver "1:10 wha are u talkin about, There is no such fare"
bloke replys "sorry I am new to this and its all I have"
Bus driver "yea ejit! go on".

Single Currency?
Girl on the bus, going through her change:"Oh look, I found an American euro!"

ISLAND of Ireland
American woman to friend: "im finally at the home of my ancestors."

Friend: "When we finish here I want to go to see the border between Scotland and Ireland"

Customer from Hell - Smiths Toy Store in Tallaght
Man: "Do you have this in red?"

Cashier: "No, only blue and green."

Man: "Did you have this in red?"

Cashier: "No, only blue and green."

Man: "Will you be getting this in red?"

Cashier: "No, only blue and green."

Man: "So, what colours do you have then?

On the red line LUAS


Dublin: Luas
Posted by: noelburke.

Two americans and an Irish girl on the red line luas, near Red cow roundabout.

American #1 says to Irish girl : "So when does this luas go to St.Stephens green?"

Irish girl : "Um... this is the RED line. You need to get the green line luas."

American #2 : "Oh gee, ok great. So is that like on the otherside of the tracks?"

Irish girl : "No. It's a totally different line. You CAN'T get it here. It's a different area."

Amercan #1: "Oh great, thank you so much. We'll wait and get the next one to Stephens green so."

Italianian Spaniards??
Teenager on bus talking to his friend:"I hate all these spaniards coming over from Italy"--upstairs 25A bus

Vegetarian restaurant in Wicklow St.
Woman: "Have you any chicken?"

Waitress: "eh no, this is a vegetarian restaurant."

Woman: "Oh, i'll just have some tuna then."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?